Well, I have been trying to get this step done all week,,, cut strips, sewed strips, pressed trips, then cut 2 inch pieces from the strips....boy! I went overboard on the strips and cutting and sewing pairs of strips and all that,,, I have a ton left over! I was overworking! Guess that means that there is another quilt in the making! These are 4-patch halves,,, yep cut a bunch of them! Actually it wasn't bad,, I just used my strip cutter, whatever that ruler is called that has the slits in it every 1/2 inch,,, it was just wonderful for this! -- that's it, the June Taylor Shape Cut... You can cut a bunch at one time, so this was the easiest part... so now I gotta sew them together. I dumped them in a bag and SHOOK them all up, then SHOOK them some more.. I just wanted to get them all seperated so that when I reached in I would get variety.
Well, here they are, all sewn together. they haven't been pressed yet and are still all chained together, but, by golly! they are together!!
Yipee! Step 1 is done! ( well more or less ! ). I'll press them out tomorrow and square them up so they are nice a neat. I'm not such a neat-nik that I'm going to do the swirly-thingy with the intersection of the seams, I'll just make sure my iron is good and hot and PRESS REAL HARD!! (( that should work those muscles that build up the boobies, too, I think! ))