Different Things I'm Working On, Thinking About, Keeping Track Of,,

Monday, June 9, 2008

Orange Crush - all laid out

Ok, here it is - my Orange Crush all laid out. I think maybe it needs to be called Tropical Sizzler or something like that..not quite finished It is much brighter than I was thinking,,, I must have had a "DUH" moment with the bright yellow. I sure didn't think it would just jump out like this.

BUT, I think it is fixable with the borders. I really wanted the pink stars to show more than they do and I really like the print ( the blue, pink, yellow, green ) and I will probably pull some of those colors to the border. HHMMM,,, the brain is workin'!

My husband thought I was nuts by my crawling around on the floor butt up in the air putting out the blocks -- he usually isn't around when I do this. OH the comments! ( LOL,,, I think he was having "those" kind of thoughts! LOL ) Silly man.... I had quiltin' to do! hhmmm...

Well, Webster had to check out the quilt, tooWebster had to check it out Wonder what he is thinking??

Borders... I'm thinking the pink of the stars has to be a border and maybe that will pull them out. So, a dark border? a bright border? hhmm something to think about.

But, first I have to sew it together!

I'm open for opinions -- what do you think?

5 comments:

Kim West said...

I really like your version...

Gina said...

I love the yellow in ut. It really pops out at you.

love and hugs xxx

Amelia said...

So bright and colorful.

Have a great week.

Amelia (just north of you)

Babs said...

I like the yellow! I agree that there needs to be pink in the border somehow. I wouldn't do anything too dark. JMO.

Quilter Kathy said...

Looks great!
I think your stars show up really well. I can't wait to get to work on mine this weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...