Different Things I'm Working On, Thinking About, Keeping Track Of,,

Saturday, April 24, 2010

It Wonderful When You Finish a Quilt

Work is making me tired at nite, the weather has the nose/head in a mess, and I have just generally not been on the computer... and I haven't really done too much to talk about. Till NOW!

Double Delight was a quilt by Bonnie Hunter that my buddy tirane and I did together,, with some liberties taken in the piecing and using different fabrics. I think this was last year ( yep, I'm slow about completely finishing quilts, what can I say )

Well, ITS DONE! And the quilting design says it needs a new name -- so my Double Delight is going to be My Mom's Apple Dumplings ( she made the absolute best! ). tirane quilted it for me in her splendid fashion and I want to show it off.


It is bound in the same color green as the dark in the quilt and the backing is the border fabric ( I bought a bolt of it when it was less than dirt cheap! )
Isn't it pretty!






DSC03321 DSC03322





DSC03324 She put these leaves in each of the green blocks




DSC03325 and the little curley cues in the whites pieces



DSC03327this is the complete block with the leaves and curley cues,, I just love it!



DSC03326



Look at the feathers - these go down the sides,, there are little pebbles in the veins, too - such detail! DSC03329 This is the coolest part,, the border was worked liked the crust on a pie.. see the half circles with the stitching to make it look like the crinkled part of the crust?





Can you tell I'm very happy!


Life is good

7 comments:

FabricFascination said...

Very lovely quilt!

Rhonda said...

What a great looking quilt!!!

Marge Gordon said...

Beautiful!

Love Of Quilts said...

You have ever reason to be happy it is a beautiful quilt and looks like it would be a lot of work. Trish

Mary Johnson said...

I can see why you're so pleased, it's beautiful and yes, I love finishing a quilt!

tirane93 said...

it looks yummy just hanging over the fence!

Seams Sew Together said...

Gorgeous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...