Different Things I'm Working On, Thinking About, Keeping Track Of,,

Sunday, November 28, 2010

How did YOU spend Black Friday??

It's wasn't Black Friday at my house - I'm in the RED!

Thank goodness I'm off tomorrow cause I need a day of do-nothing but what I want to do - phew! Thursday I cooked my 3rd ( yes, third! we had to have seperate meals to accommodate everyone cause sons had to go to inlaws, and brothers had to go to inlaws) Thanksgiving meal, entertained in-laws, outlaws, and others.

But Friday, oh my!

So who else hit the Joann's sales?? I have always said that there is nothing I need bad enough to get up at an unholy hour and go shopping, so why was I at Joann's at 645?? just to get some of that flannel that was on sale ( like I needed it, yeah, right.). Of course, silly me, I thought that the 20% off EVERYTHING coupon meant 20% off E-V-E-R-Y-thing... but oh no! not the flannel. It was a special sale doorbuster. Did you get caught thinking that it was, too?

But still, how can you complain about $1.29 flannel?? tirane asked me to get her some baby flannels ( she's going to be a new grandmom!) and since I was going anyway I said SURE!. BUT, a good friend, a superb friend, would have gotten herself up and out and met me there - ( dig dig poke poke - see my big grin! )
I will complement the staff at my Joann's, they kept the cutting table moving so I was in and out in about an hour - not bad for 56 ( OMG! 56 yards! ) of flannels. I want to use them for kids quilts for the backs. tirane got about 15 yards of this ( whew! I feel SOOO much better )

BUT - that's not all -- are you ready!

THEN I went to my favorite discount fabric store - I met tirane there ( it was 10am, LOL, she was awake ). They were having a 25% discount on everything, ( this time it really was EVERYTHING) so I left there with ANOTHER 50 yards of fabric - all mine! Yipes, Cripes!! Done, no more fabric buying for me!
( jus tto make myself feel better, some of this was only $1.75/yard and it is all name brand cottons )


My name is Beth and I am a Fabriholic. Hello, Beth.

The Flannels DSC00124_edited-1
The Cottons

DSC00125_edited-1

It took two shots to give the full effect! DSC00126_edited-1

DSC00127This one is my favorite - I know just how I'm going to use this, too. The top will be solids of these colors in a rectangle in a rectangle block and then this will be the outer border. Yep, retro back to the 50's ( at least I think it's the 50's )

My name is Beth and I am a Fabriholic
Need I say anything more?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...