Different Things I'm Working On, Thinking About, Keeping Track Of,,

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Quiltville Mystery - Orange Crush

LOL yes, this is the last post of the evening! Promise!

I'm going to do the Quiltville mystery - yep, I really am. The last one, Carolina Crossroads was on my "to do" list, and I did pull from the scraps and stash to do it,,, but that was as far as I got.

I'm going to do this one!

Pulled some fabrics - started with all these all the fabrics I pulled and then narrowed it down to these for the focus fabricsFocus solids Yep, there are supposed to be 3 focus fabrics, so I will probably use one of them as the border. OR ,,, I just had a brain blitz,,, how about if I use the hot pink, the blue/purple mottled and the bright blue as the focus??? Maybe save the other two to use as an innter border or two???
The rest of the fabrics will be cut for the stips to be scrappy...
Elmo still isn't sureElmo is still looking at fabric and this is not the best picture of the fabrics, they are much brighter... Can you believe I started out with a purple floral? How did I ever get to these???

I'm thinking there is enough contrast between the focus fabrics,,, and that with the accent colors they will make a nice scrappy look but tie it all together...

hhmmm,,, jury is still out. I'll sleep on it!

1 comment:

Deb (vtquilter) said...

Thanks for the reminder of this mystery. Not sure if I'll get to this one for a while but I look forward to seeing your mystery unfold!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...