Different Things I'm Working On, Thinking About, Keeping Track Of,,

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mystery Log Cabin


Judy B at "Virtual Quilter" has started a mystery quilt using log cabin blocks. You really need to check out her blog, she has some great designs that she comes up with on EQ6...
anyway,,, I'm always the sucker for a challenge, so I said "Sure! I'll Play!" and dug thru the stash and found fabrics to make her mystery... purples, yep I'm gonna have a purple log cabin. These will finish at 9 inch blocks, each log is one inch wide. ( looking at this, I'm not sure I like it,, Looks better in person ) While digging, I found a bunch of Red Hat Society fabrics, too... couldn't remember why I bought them, maybe something for my mother in law,, but since I can't remember they aren't saved for anything, are they? What would be a better back for a purple quilt than red and purple Red Hat fabrics??! Wow! I'm one smart cookie! I pulled fabrics for the top AND the back all at one time and all from stash!
Judy started the challenge with making 4 blocks in this colorway.. Wonder what she has planned for the next group of blocks?? Even though I'm not just tickled pink ( purple ) with my choice of fabrics, I'm sticking with them. Judy, help me out! Design a quilt that will make them look good, please!!
this is Webster, my shadow
He is my quilt-loving dog,, the really believes that each one is made just for him! He was wondering what I was doing ( actually I was eating an apple and he wanted some, yes, he loves apples ).
Just thought I'd share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good looking blocks ...... the fabrics are great! They will look OK!

Judy B

isa & marta said...

Muy bonitos los colores que elegiste, se ven fabulosos tus bloques, será una bella colcha sin dudas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...