Different Things I'm Working On, Thinking About, Keeping Track Of,,

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bloggers Quilt Festival

Amy's Creative Side is having her Blogger's Quilt Festival - this festival is made up of bloggers showing off our favorite quilts.
So, what makes a quilt be a "FAVORITE"? Is it the fabrics, the colors, the pattern, the technique?? I say YES to all of those. But isn't your favorite quilt the one that has the most memories? THAT quilt that brings back a moment in our lives - whether good or bad - but that one special moment that stays with us?

DSC03322

All my quilts are my favorites - for that moment but this one is special to me. ~~~~~~~~
I challenged my friend Tirane to make a quilt with me - well not WITH me but to make the same pattern at the same time. We used a pattern from Bonnie Hunter but made it each our own. I had such a great time colaborating on this ( I understand why there are quilt partners like Gwen and Freddie!).
You need to go HERE to see the differences in our quilts - I love hers, I love mine! But there is a difference - a big difference! Check them out, you wouldn't know it is the same pattern.

Tirane has a long arm and she quilted this for me, too! I never tell her what to do, she just "knows" ( ain't it great! ) Go HERE to see the quilting,, she picked up the apple motif and made the border look like apple pies ( reminds me of my Mom's apple dumplings - OMG they were so! good! ) and there are little curly cues and leaves and -- oh! you really have to go look! -- it's just really great.

I really love the colors in this quilt. It's happy and warm and gives me the "warm fuzzy" feeling. I love the different patterns/textures in the fabrics, too. But I really like this quilt because my friend and I created it together. I have the memories of our conversations, our friendship. I know there are many more quilts that we will do together.

So, this is my entry into the Bloggers Quilt Festival. Enjoy them all!
Gotta go! I've got lots of quilts to look at! Thanks for looking at mine.


17 comments:

merrily row said...

Best of Virtual quilt show candidate. That red is fabulous in that design. Great job, thank you for sharing.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Your colors are quite wonderful! Beautiful quilt.

Nancy said...

They both turned out lovely... which pattern did you use?

Unknown said...

Hi Beth!
WOW! STUNNING! quilt; I thought it was the double delight! Gorgeous quilt...it's all in the placement of the colors, isn't it!

hugz, Pam

Sherri said...

Love your quilt...it was great to click over and see your friend's too...I think it would be so fun to do a challenge like that with a friend!

Barb said...

wow! The colors in your wonderful quilt really pop!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! I enjoy working on more intricate piecing, and yours is just gorgeous. You're right - you'd never guess that the one your friend made is of the same pattern.

ilovebabyquilts said...

Great quilt! Is that the "turkey red" and "acid green" from the late 1800's that we hear so much about?

tirane93 said...

oh crap beth! you made me cry!

PatchworkRose said...

Just love those rich reds :-)
It is unbelievable how different the two quilts look.
Have a great Day
Cheers
Lynne

The Cozy Quilter said...

Double delight is on my list of quilts to do someday. I like the colours you picked. Thanks for sharing your quilt with us!

SewCalGal said...

Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. Lovely fabrics and colors. You did a great job!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

beth said...

love your quilt. What fun to make it with a friend!!!

Heather said...

Hi Beth, At first glance I didn't believe that you and Tirane used the same pattern. They are both lovely. Thanks for sharing both of them.

erica said...

Stunning! I hope to make a quilt like this someday! well done.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

beautiful! How fun to be able to collaborate with a friend on your quilt ideas :o) Oh and I loved being able to see both of your quilts together!

..I am off today so will hopefully get to some others on the quilt fest. I have some drawing orders to work on and then clean house... Now that our children are grown and my hubby and I are empty nesters, I can't be a "stay at home mom", but I would love to be a stay at home wife :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
If you have a moment to come over, please let me know by leaving a comment at my post. It was fun meeting you!

Eileen said...

love your quilt and the story. the colors are fantastic and so glad you linked so we could see the quilting!! your friend did such a great job to compliment your great work. hers is such a contrast to yours and fun to see how she laid it out. they're both wonderful. thanks so much for sharing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...