Different Things I'm Working On, Thinking About, Keeping Track Of,,

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Pay it Forward - Quilts for Kids


You've read my posts about the Quilts for Kids Organization before - and I just love using my skills to make something that must might make a little one feel better.  I took two quilts to the post office today to mail back to the main Quilts for Kids group in Pennsylvania today - gave me a big smile to drop those packages in the mail box!

This is the one I made from the kit that the group sent me - their fabrics are SO nice to work with,, great quality and nice to know that they will hold up to all the washings that they go through.
DSC00777

The group asks that you send in another quilt along with the one that you make from their kit.  This is the one that I made - Dogs Rule.  The pattern is one of theirs, so super easy to make and doesn't take alot of fabric.  The backing was some that I had bought for super cheap..  good quality at super low prices is my way of shopping!
DSC00783
It's bright and fun and I hope that a special person enjoys it.
If you haven't found the Quilts for Kids sight, just click on the name.  Ask for a kit, make a quilt, maybe make another of your own.  Send a smile and it will put a smile on your face, too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...