Different Things I'm Working On, Thinking About, Keeping Track Of,,

Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Weekend

It's been a wonderful and relaxing weekend - I haven't left the house once! And, yes, I stayed in my jammas the whole weekend! Well, they are not really! jammas, but lounging flannel pants and a shirt - it's been cold and damp here so I had a sweatshirt on yesterday. Anyway, I wouldn't want to be seen in public in my attire! They aren't even fit for giving to the thrift store!

So, what have I been doing? Well, I belong to the Quilt Mavens group at Yahoo - you can join, too! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DebKarasikQuilts/. We have a cool round robin going on right now and I did my first block. There are 4 to a group and we are doing trees for the seasons. Winter Tree I have it hanging on a piece of burgandy just so you can see the block itself. White background with gray 'tree'. I gave it green roots ( there are some gold and red stars in the green fabric ) cause you know that dormant things come to life in the spring! Mine go on a journey to Sweden now! I think I'll do a lot of embellishment when they are all back home. OH, the background fabric has WOW circles, sorta look like snowflakes.

Lets see, I sewed my Cotten Candy quilt rows together and cut the sashing for and the blocks for the piano keys border...

I took a nap!

I slept in late - or as late as the dogs would let me before they had to go out,,, LOL then I crawled back in bed.

I only cooked dinner both nites,,, DH was on his own for everything else. I changed the bed linens and cleaned the kitchen.

Now I'm ready to sew the sashings and the piano key border. I HAVE to get this quilt done cause I really really want to finish the Sea Urchins I started by Judy Neimeyer . Oh and I cut a binding for a charity quilt I did. Guess I need to take a picture of that quilt to share, too!

Ok, I'm sure I MUST have done some other things,,, or maybe not! I know I played alot on the computer and browsed around different blogs. Guess I'm ready for another week of 8 hours a day of never ending telephone calls.....

Oh I almost forgot, I joined the Mark Lipinski Yahoo group today,,, Hey! I get his magazine and just love to read it and laugh,,, and there are lots of cool quilts that I would like to do someday.. go here and join! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PickleRoadStudio. He is a real hoot! His web site is at http://www.quiltershomemag.com/ and it worth looking at -- I keep trying to add a picture of the magazine but it just won't work....

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I know there must be other stuff I did but I can't remember! Maybe that's a good thing.... I'm going to go put sashing on now...

later!

1 comment:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Hey! Congrats on being listed on Mark's blog! It's pretty cool, huh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...