Different Things I'm Working On, Thinking About, Keeping Track Of,,

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Black, White and Pink Quilt

I'm using Flickr for this post,,, not sure if I like it or not, but since Webshots was giving me fits on uploading pictures, I had to do something different.

Any-hoo... this is the block swap quilt that my bee did,,, this sucker is HUGE and there are not even any borders on it yet! I put 3 inch borders around each block, cause not everyone's 12-1/2 inch is the same - if you know what I mean. I like the sashing around them,,, I really think the blocks stand out and not all misshed together.

So I was playing with EQ6 and messing around with border designs. I don't want just a plain border, cause I don't want to use any print fabric.. I want the blocks to be the focus completely,,, and I think a plain black border would look really really weird.

I came up with this one

pink black and white 2 jpeg and shared with my friend whom only speaks truth and she said "too much pink", so I played some more and got this one pink black and white quilt jpeg and she said " good border but too fussy for this quilt". So far,,, I do agree. Have you ever done something that you know if just not right, but someone else needs to tell you??

So, back to EQ and I came up with this onepink black and white 3 jepg which I think has just the right amount of everything.

So, friend,,, what do YOU think???

I'm going to leave it for a couple of days,,, look at the pictures I made and see what ya'll think! In the mean time,,, I'll get out another project to finish!

2 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I like the third option. Nice blocks!

stace said...

i LOVE that quilt!!!! my 14 year old wants a more grown up room and we have decided on black white and pink......and since i love quilts, i want to make her one and so i am looking and getting ideas being that this will be my first quilt....that is georgous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...