Different Things I'm Working On, Thinking About, Keeping Track Of,,

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Finishing a Project

ok, I know, I have QADD - Quilt Attention Deficit Disorder - I just can NOT finish one without starting another. Well in this case, it's finishing one UFO before finishing another UFO.

I'm still trying to decide which border I want for the Black, White and Pink quilt ( or maybe it's the Pink, White and Black, or maybe the White, Black, and Pink, or maybe.... oh heck! you know the one! )
I pulled out a quilt I started about 3 or 4 years ago. I had not been quilting long when I started this and you should see the back ( or not! ). the front looks pretty good but I was not real consistant with the seams going the same way and some are even pressed open -- where was my vision ??? But, the front is the important part and I really like how it came out.

The border - the Dreadful Border. Most of my projects stop before I get them finished because I can never make up my mind about "THE BORDER". It needs to add to the quilt itself and it needs to END the quilt. At least that is how I think of it.

OK, I pulled out the Lovers Knot and it still talks to me - don't you love it when something you did a long time ago still does that!?!? So many times there are projects that are silent... I look at them, try to finish them,,, and they just are silent. But this one is SINGING!! Fa-la-la-la LOL!

I wanted something to ZING with the border, so this is what I came up with...
Lover's Knot - border this maybe a better picturesDSC01295 or even this oneDSC01296
I have moved the fabrics around and around trying different combinations and I think this one works the best. I wanted the orange in there for the ZING, some POP,, some FLASH,, a little BLING..

So, does it work?? The first three fabrics, the green orange and black would be thin, about one inch wide I think and the focus fabric would be 3 inches wide. This would give me a 6 inch border,,, it's not a big quilt to start with so the larger border would help. I hope I have enough focus fabric left! I would like mitered corners, too, so I will probably sew the stips together before I attach to the quilt then miter as a solid piece.

So, dear blog reader,,, tell me what you think...., ok?



1 comment:

Gina said...

I think it looks great. I think it'll really set the quilt off. I love doing two or three really thin borders before putting the main border on.

love and hugs xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...