Different Things I'm Working On, Thinking About, Keeping Track Of,,

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Quilts for Kids



I hoping everyone has heard of QUILTS FOR KIDS,, a great organization nationwide that helps kids everywhere


this is their mission statment:



Mission Statement: Quilts for Kids, Inc. transforms discontinued and unwanted fabrics into quilts that comfort children in
need. These children are fighting a life battle with cancer, AIDS, and serious illnesses as well as battered & abused
children. Our goal is to link design centers and other fabric sources nationwide to their communities, so that children in
need in those regions may be served.
Date of Founding & Type: August, 2000; 501(c)3 charitable organization
Number of quilts made & distributed: (as of 2009:
Tens of thousands distributed worldwide
Fabric saved from landfill: (as of 2009): many millions of pounds and counting. . .
Founder & Location: Linda Arye, headquarters in Yardley, PA




anyway,, I stumbled on this from somewhere and ordered a kit ( no charge to me! ) and I was amazed at what I got! Beautiful fabrics and totally complete instructions on exactly how they wanted the quilt made. The fabrics were already cut, so I didn't have to do too much of that and it includes everything,,, except for batting and thread! Can't beat that! This is the quilt I made from thier kit at the top. I even quilted it, using just straight line quilting - so super easy!


I also made another to send them from my fabrics

I used poly batting in both of them, washed and dryed them and they are going on their way back to Penn. tomorrow.
There is even a super duper label that you sew on that is included with the kit and they say they will sew one on mine.
Check them out! It really was lots of fun and makes me feel real good being able to help others using an art that I love to do.

2 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

It's been fun to see the quilts people are making from the kits - the fabrics are all so bright and happy. I love the one you've made to send along too.

Olathe Snow Removal said...

Hello maate great blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...