Different Things I'm Working On, Thinking About, Keeping Track Of,,

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Eye Doctor Visits

When I went to the optomitrist the end of December for a checkup and new perscrip. for glasses/contacts he saw something strange with my peripheral vision and suggested that I go to an opthamologist. So, today I went. Looked, poked, dialiated, prodded and all that fun stuff and he said ( thankfully! ) that he didn't think there was anything wrong, but to come back and do another of those peripheral vision test things.... since the problem was in both eyes in the same spot he had a little bit of concern. Now, he was either REAL good at not being excited and therefore not exciting me, or there really isn't anything to worry about. Guess I'll find out next week -- anyone ever had problems like this? He mentioned something about a small stroke could cause this,,, but golly! I don't think I've ever had a stroke... that's scary!

I have been thinking about what would life be like if I lost my vision.... all the things I would never see, the void that it would leave in my life. To imagine that I would not SEE my grandkids grow.... how awful that would be for me. Since so much in my life deals with color ( fabric, pottery, etc ) to not see color would be a big scary change. I don't want to dwell too much on this, cause I'm going to be the optimist and believe that nothing is wrong.... but

Wish me luck!

...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...