Different Things I'm Working On, Thinking About, Keeping Track Of,,

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Quilt Retreats

Retreats! Oh they seem like they are oh so much fun when you are packing and planning for them. Imagine! Days away from the phone and TV and your normal everyday life - days to spend with friends and your sewing machine.... Sounds wonderful, doesn't it!

And for the most part, it really is! The creativity that is in the room is explosive - everyone feeds off everyone else and things just happen! I see the prettiest quilts get completed at retreats and ideas for new ones bloom.... I love sitting with my friends and talking about "things" all the things that you talk to your girl friends about. I just love it.

The retreat that we ( the bee I belong to ) go to is about a little more than an hour away from here. It sits out in the country and there are cows out in the pastures by the house. We have a huge room for all of us to sew, three big bedrooms, 3-1/2 baths and a big big full kitchen. We cook, we snack and then we cook somemore! 'Sew a little, cook a little',,, just like the song that is in The Music Man - but the only words I can remember are "cheep cheep cheep, talk a lot" something... got to remember that song or it will drive me nuts!


So, if anyone is reading this,,, how do you like retreats? Tell us your tales....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...